At your first visit at Dr. B Smiles, Dr. Bonavoglia will perform a comprehensive exam and discuss the best treatment plan for you as well as the different available options. Dr. B is a big proponent of non-extraction therapy when possible. Below are the different treatment options we offer.
Braces are one of the most common ways of straightening teeth. At Dr. Bonavoglia’s office we offer both the esthetic clear braces as well as the traditional metal braces. As always, at each visit you can choose as many colors as you like to personalize the look of your braces . Dr. Bonavoglia’s is proud to be offeringstate-of-the-art 3M brackets which are smaller, more comfortable and stronger– which means less broken brackets and less problems for patients.
Dr. Bonavoglia is proud to offer Invisalign Teen. Invisalign Teen® is the clear way to straighten teeth without braces, using aligners. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing; and you can still eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth; and there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
Many of our patients had never considered traditional braces but are now happily and comfortably improving their smiles with Invisalign®.
What is the difference between Invisalign® and Invisalign Teen®
- Number of replacement trays if one is lost or broken.
- Compliance tracker to monitor how well patients are wearing their trays
- A nominal fee to change to braces if your teenager is not complying with wearing the trays as instructed.
How Does Invisalign Teen® Work?
- Wear each set of Aligners for about two weeks.
- Remove only to eat, drink, brush and floss.
- Your teeth will move gradually each week.
- Visit us every 8-10 weeks.
- Total treatment time averages 6-15 months.
- Average number of Aligners is between 18 and 30.